User interface design for software/applications and other computing devices is in high demand and the field is growing rapidly. The need for UI-UX designers is high, but the number of candidates is lower. Therefore, the pay is impressive enough to attract anyone. This area of work may seem fascinating, but there is much to learn about it.
Interaction design is an integral part of designing an interface for use with digital products. The interaction designer plays an important role in creating an optimal design to improve the overall user experience with computers or digital devices. If you have a good idea of visual communication and have mastered the artistic sense, it is a huge field of work to explore.
The Interactive Design course is open to undergraduate and graduate students from across the country. This is a popular area with lucrative career opportunities. From small to big brands, the demand for web developers, designers and other jobs is very high. The market is constantly expanding and offers many opportunities. Any interaction designer can focus on different areas of work with this degree.
Interaction designer training varies according to the field of study chosen. Duration of training from 6 months to 3 years. And the average tuition fee at most universities is between 6,000 and 1 lakh per semester. In this post, we will cover all the important aspects like admission requirements, curriculum, reputed colleges and other career aspects of this profession. Let’s go.
Selection criteria for bachelor’s programmes
Since you can opt for this course in different areas and most institutes offer the same course, the selection criteria vary. However, a look at the minimum requirements below will help you understand.
- Students who wanted to study at a prestigious university had to take a 10+2 course in a particular field. There is no specific field of study: any student in the fields of Arts, Business or Science can choose this course.
- Students must hold a valid 10+2 degree from a recognized institute of public administration, such as AISSCE or IBISC. Only a few tips are not mentioned and are not recognized by most authorities.
These requirements apply primarily to students in higher education. If you want to join a reputed institution, you should pay attention to the entrance exams organized by the institution.
Selection criteria for the Graduate Program
If you have a bachelor’s degree in an interaction program and are pursuing a master’s or graduate degree in the same program, admission criteria will change. The minimum requirements for this course are as follows
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or other equivalent field. Design students may also apply as if they had graduated from an accredited university.
- Institutions also require a minimum cumulative score of 40-50% on the qualifying exam. The list of requirements for the qualifying examination also varies according to the level of training chosen.
If you don’t want to do an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and still want to get a degree, there are several institutions that can help you.
Syllabus for the whole course
Depending on the area of study you choose, the curriculum may vary. But in this course you will study the following topics –
- Information visualization
- Design of tangible interactions
- Trends in interactive technology
- Interaction, media, meaning
- Form theory I/Pictorial language – Syntax
- Design issues
- Art, design and society I
- User research
- Basic knowledge design 1 (colour)
- Cross-sectional studies 1 (environmental effects)
- Principles of construction 4 (spatial form and structures)
- Creating and presenting images I
- Photo communication
- Research on media and communication methods
- Design elements
- The design of life
- Design workshop I
- Modern information systems
- Cognitive ergonomics : Tools and technology
- Design for web/mobile and new technologies 1
- User Experience Design methods
- Simple interaction design
- Task analysis and system visualization
- Semantics of design
- Introduction to design research
- Design for special needs
- Usability Technology
- Fundamentals of construction 2 (geometry)
These are 28 important subjects in the UI-UX design course, and you study these subjects for 3 years. There will be six semesters and the program will be evenly spaced so you can understand everything.
After graduating from a reputed institution, you can easily find a job in any international company. You must have sufficient aggregates, design skills and other qualities to take advantage of this vacancy. These are some of the career options that are open to you.
- Interaction Designer – Designing the interface of a software, application, game or plugin is part of this job. They create layouts, study their usability and other aspects. Which designs you like or don’t like is subjective, so you need to make several designs to make the right choice.
- UI/UX Designer – Designing below the surface and considering the user experience are two key elements in this job profile. The salary offered to UI/UX designers is quite impressive and an inexperienced candidate can expect a salary of 2 to 3 million euros per year. But after gaining a few years of experience, the salary is around 6-20 lakh per annum.
- Graphic Designer – Creating graphics, videos or gifs for websites, apps and mobile software is the job of a graphic designer. This job includes different types of work such as working in Corel, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and more. The salary expectations of a graphic designer are very similar to those of a UI/UX designer.
- Product designer – Product designers create 3D drawings for future products. Creating illustrations of a product with greater precision is an important part of this work. The demand for product designers has increased in recent years and the expected salary is between 5-15 million rupees per year.
- Visual interaction designer – Visual interaction designers and UI/UX designers have a fairly similar job. The only difference is that the visual interaction is a video or an animated graphic. This job requires more skill, work and imagination to find the best design of the genre.
These are the easiest options for a UI/UX designer. There is no doubt that UI-UX training offers many more career opportunities than these jobs, but right now the demand for these five jobs is high and companies are willing to pay their employees excellent salaries for these five jobs.
Popular UI/UX Design colleges in India
If you want to choose a reputable institution in the country, it seems legitimate to enroll in one of these colleges. Without a doubt, you can opt for distance learning and consider an online UI/UX course. However, if you want to study at a land institution, here are some popular titles to look for -.
- NID (National Institute of Design) is located in Ahmedabad and is a popular college in Gujrat district. The story after the trial here is very moving.
- Industrial Design Centre is a popular name in Mumbai and this college offers most of the digital courses. You can consider classroom or distance learning at this university.
- The Pearl Academy is a private intuition based in various locations around the country. You can choose this institute if you want to take a short course and learn the user interface or UI in a short time.
- NIFT is a well-known name in New Delhi. This college is known for its low tuition fees and impressive academics. You can enroll in this institution after graduation or after.
- MAEER’s MIT Institute of Design is a household name in Pune, Maharashtra. You can also opt for Indian School of Design and Innovation in Mumbai if you are from Maharashtra or a nearby region.
- DOD (Department of Design), IIT Guwahati is the best university for UI UX design courses. The salary of most students of this university is more than 30 lakh per annum and the record is quite positive. Most students consider this university, but the selection criteria are quite strict.
These are all big names in the country offering UI/UX design courses. Choosing the right intuition increases the chances of a better investment. You can expect the best salaries and extra benefits after attending any of these schools.
If you have decided to become a UI-UX designer, it is best to start preparing early. The best thing about this course is its impressive salary plan, promising field of work and working from home. You can work and freelance from anywhere by finding clients online.
There are a number of websites where you can find companies that want their website designed or graphic work done. Getting those projects in and working at a higher wage level is a good option here. The only thing is that freelancers can pay you a lot more than the company, but working from home is a pretty lazy job. Most people find it difficult to work alone.
frequently asked questions
How much does UI-UX design cost?
This kind of uncertain pricing is reflected when you search online for typical UX designer rates. Upwork offers a breakdown by performance, ranging from $110 to $270 per hour, while others give a range of $2,000 to $35,000 (depending on the quality of the application).
What is most valuable UX or UI?
According to Glassdoor, the average base salary for a UI designer in the US is $80,450 per year, while the average base salary for a UX designer is $90,697. For more information, here’s a survey of UI/UX designer salaries around the world.
What is the scope of a UX designer?
A career in UX and UI design requires a lot of creativity, knowledge and experience in interaction design, graphic design, usability, web design, etc. UX designers conduct research on their target users to understand their needs and what they want from a product.