The States of India and their Capitals – My friends, we are gathered here today to give you the names of the states of India and their capitals. India is divided into a total of 28 states and 8 Union territories. Each state in our country has its own culture, its own costumes, its own language and its own identity.
But the best thing is that people live together in India, all these states are separated on the basis of their culture and language.
India is a democratic country where everyone has the right to stand up for themselves and fight for their rights. Moreover, separate elections are held in each state, as the citizens of the state choose their government by voting for them.
In the states of India, elections are held every 5 years and the people choose their government or candidate based on their votes.
Number of states in India
India consists of 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Irrtum ! Film Not specified.the Name of the States and Capitals of India en anglais
What are the territories of the Union?
In the Union Territories, the Central Government rules and the Lieutenant Governor, who is the representative of the President of India and appointed by the Central Government, acts as the Administrator.
List of states and their capitals in India on date of incorporation Date of incorporation
|Name of the state||Capital||Date of incorporation Date or status of State||The largest city|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati||November 1, 1956.||Visakhatapatnam|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||February 20, 1987.||Itanagar|
|Assam||Dispur||January 26, 1950.||Guwahati|
|Bihar||Patna||January 26, 1950.||Patna|
|Chattisgarh||Nawa Raipur||November 1, 2000||Raipur|
|Goa||Panaji||May 30, 1987||Vasco de Gama|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar||May 1, 1960||Ahmedabad|
|Haryana||Chandigarh||November 1, 1966||Faridabad|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla (Summer)
|January 25, 1971.||Shimla|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi||November 15, 2000||Jamshedpur|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru/Banglor||November 1, 1956.||Bengaluru|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||November 1, 1956.||Kochi|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||January 26, 1950.||Indore|
|May 1, 1960||Mumbai|
|Manipur||Imphal||January 21, 1972||Imphal|
|Meghalaya||Shillong||January 21, 1972||Shillong|
|Mizoram||Aizawl||February 20, 1987.||Aizawl|
|Nagaland||Kohima||December 1, 1963||Dimapur|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar||January 26, 1950.||Bhubaneswar|
|Punjab||Chandigarh||November 1, 1966||Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||January 26, 1950.||Jaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok||On May 16, 1975.||Gangtok|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||November 1, 1956.||Chennai|
|Telgana||Hyderabad||June 2, 2014||Hyderabad|
|Tripura||Agartala||January 21, 1972||Agartala|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||January 26, 1950.||Kanpur|
|November 9, 2000||Dehradun|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||January 26, 1950.||Kolkata|
Union territories and their capitals with the establishment date Establishment date
|allied areas||Capitals||founding date|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||November 1, 1956.|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||November 1, 1966|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Daman||January 26, 2020|
|Delhi||New Delhi||November 1, 1956.|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar (summer)
|October 31, 2019|
|October 31, 2019|
|Lakshadweep||Cavaratti||November 1, 1956.|
|Puducherie||Puducherie||August 16, 1962.|
Some interesting facts about India
1. India has the second largest population.
2. More than 10,000 languages are spoken here.
The national language of India is “Hindi.”
4) India (Meghalaya) is the wettest place on the planet.
5. The maximum latitude from north to south is 3 214 km. The maximum latitude from east to west is 2 933 km.
6. Much of the culture in India is based on the monsoon rains.
7. The main occupation in India is also agriculture.
8. India also has the tallest railroad bridge in the world, the Chenab Bridge.
9. India is a secular country, so here all religions have equal status. Representatives of Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Christian, Jain and other religions live here.
10. India has 22 recognized languages.
11. India was also the first country to begin diamond mining.
12. The origin of the popular game “Snake and Ladder” is also in India.
13. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands (8 249) are the largest in area and Lakshadweep is the smallest area in the Union with an area of 32 square kilometers.
India has the world’s biggest folk festival, the Kumbh Mela. And you can see it from space.
15 India is the largest English-speaking country in the world.
16. India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world.
17. The largest Sunday clock in the world is in India (Jaipur).
18. In some places in India, such as Chhattisgarh state, people use Coke and Pepsi as pesticides to grow rice.
19. India has one of the lowest divorce rates in the world.
20 India is also the source of Yoga and Ayurveda.
You can also watch the names of Indian states and capitals in English on Youtube.
Frequently asked questions about the names of Indian states and capitals in English
How many states are there in India?
India has 28 states and 8 union territories.
What is the capital of India?
New Delhi is the capital of India.
If you liked this article Names of India’s States and Capitals in English, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions or suggestions following this article, please let us know by commenting on the article below in the “Comments” section.
Frequently asked questions
How many states in India have 2020 names and capitals?
What are the 9 territories of the Union of India 2020?
Areas of the Union of India 2020: names, capitals, major and minor …
How many states will India have by 2020?
India is a federal union consisting of 28 states and 8 union territories, a total of 36 units. The states and union territories are further subdivided into districts and smaller administrative units.