Those who want a career in pharmacy can take this course. The Master of Pharmacy or MSc in Pharmacy is a two-year postgraduate degree that focuses on advanced topics in pharmacy. The course also covers topics related to how new chemicals can be used for medical purposes. This master’s program is a career-oriented program and offers many opportunities to candidates after completing this program.
This is one of the most professional courses in the field of pharmacy. Those interested in this course should hold a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized school of pharmacy in India. Candidates pursuing a master’s degree in pharmacology study instrumental methods, emerging fields, practical aspects of research methods, etc.
This master’s programme can be followed on a full-time or part-time basis. This way, students can take the course when it is convenient for them. After earning their M.Pharm degree, graduates can find employment in health care and chemical sciences.
What is the Master of Pharmacy Program?
The Master of Pharmacy is a professional postgraduate course that provides practical knowledge of pharmaceuticals and their manufacture. The course also covers the preparation, distribution and proper use of medicines. The duration of the M.Pharm degree is 2 years divided into four semesters. Students must submit a thesis by the end of the final semester.
Who should become a Master Pharmacist?
- The M.Pharm degree is ideal for students who are passionate about medicine and want to pursue a career in the life sciences. Additionally, those interested in pharmacy may consider pursuing this degree for a career in the field.
- Candidates must possess a sense of responsibility and logic to participate in this course. To successfully complete this course, you must also possess other skills, such as patience and analytical ability.
- Students who want to serve the nation in the health sector can pursue a career in the same field by enrolling in this course.
- Other skills required for this course are strong communication skills and the ability to understand how numbers work. People with an ethical and interpersonal conscience are best placed to take Mr. Farm’s course.
Why a master’s in pharmacy?
The Master of Pharmacy degree offers students more career options and a wide variety of employment opportunities. Moreover, there are many advantages to taking this course. The following are some of the main reasons for studying M.Pharm.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals is the need to produce the latest drugs to fight deadly diseases. Those with knowledge in this area can play an important role in improving medical science.
- By following the M.Pharm programme, students can acquire a thorough knowledge of medicines, their preparation and application. This program offers excellent job opportunities for students in government, chemical industry, pharmaceutical companies and many others.
- By the end of the course, students will be able to open their own private laboratory and conduct a variety of research.
Admission requirements for the Master of Pharmacy degree
To be admitted to the Master of Pharmacy program, you must have completed at least 50% of BPharm marks or equivalent from a college or university recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India.
Some institutions also require at least 60% of undergraduate credits to enroll students in a master’s degree in pharmacy.
Master of Pharmacy Registration Process:
The admission procedure for MPs is generally based on entrance exams organized by universities, public health institutions or central medical authorities. After the entrance exam, the result will be announced and a performance list will be prepared based on the threshold. Once the list of deserving students is announced, students can start applying.
Below are some of the best entrance exams held for admission to MPharm courses at schools of pharmacy in India.
This is a three-hour computer test administered by the NTA. This admission test has already been conducted by the AICTE. The GPAT exam is held annually and includes questions on various topics such as pharmacology, pharmacy, pharmacognosy, chemistry and others.
This entrance test is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology for enrolling in MPharm course. This entrance test has a total score of 100 and is administered in two stages.
The APPGECET Pharmacy Entrance Test is a two-hour exam and is administered in the CBT method. The Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate General Entrance Examination in Engineering is a state level entrance exam for various colleges of MSU in Andhra Pradesh.
Other common entrance exams for Master of Pharmacy program are NIPERE exam, IndiaPG Common Entrance Test, Manipal Entrance Test, West Bengal Common Entrance Test, etc.
Tips for preparing for the M.Pharm course:
Here are some general tips you can follow to enroll in the Master of Pharmacy program.
- Admission exams for the m.pharm degree usually last between 2 and 3 hours. During this period, students are quizzed on 150 to 200 questions. Therefore, participants must have time management skills to attempt to answer all questions within the allotted time.
- Admission exams for university studies usually include questions in different areas, such as chemistry, biology and physics. Therefore, candidates should continue to practice answering questions on all these topics to make it easier for them during the exam.
- Students should also focus on the basic concepts of all these topics and past questions so that they can easily understand the questions on the placement test and pass the placement test without any difficulty.
Master of Pharmacy Program Cost:
The cost of an MPharm course varies depending on the facilities and infrastructure offered by colleges or universities. The cost of Master of Pharmacy course usually ranges between 50,000 and 6 lakh. Course fees generally vary according to the specialization chosen.
Scope of the master’s degree in pharmacy
A master’s degree in pharmacy is more relevant in the medical field and in industry. Moreover, most of the world’s synthetic drugs are manufactured in India, which opens up career opportunities in India for graduates of the Master of Pharmacy degree. India also exports various medicines and raw materials to different countries. This is the reason why India has a stronger growth of pharmaceutical companies.
Many international companies have their offices in different cities in India. This leads to an increased demand for Master of Pharmacy graduates. Thus, the Master of Pharmacy degree offers numerous employment opportunities in various industries.
Students may also pursue a Doctor of Pharmacy or other doctoral programs after completing the Master of Pharmacy course.
M.Pharm Programme specialisation:
The Master of Pharmacy program offers students several specializations. Candidates should choose a specialization according to their interests. The most popular specialties of Master Pharmacy are as follows
This is an in-depth study of pharmacy concerned with the composition and production of various drugs. This course also covers various developmental processes carried out in the pharmaceutical field.
- MPharm in an industrial pharmacy:
The MPharm course in Industrial Pharmacy is generally devoted to the study of mass spectrometers. By taking this course, students can learn more about the pharmaceutical industry and its direct impact on healthcare.
MPharmin’s pharmacology course focuses on the study of interactions between chemicals and living organisms. This is a specialized branch of the Master of Pharmacy that involves an in-depth study of pharmacy.
- MPharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
This course covers the structure and application of various chemicals in health care. In this area, students can learn the latest techniques for designing new drugs. This course focuses on the chemical aspects of pharmaceutical sciences.
Master of Pharmacy Program
The MPharm degree covers a wide range of subjects depending on the specialisation. This course includes foundational courses, labs, and electives for a complete understanding of the field. In addition, the subjects taught at different universities may differ slightly according to the field of study chosen.
These are the important topics you will study during the four semesters of your MPharm degree.
- Modern Pharmacy 1
- Regulation of medicines
- Advanced Physical Pharmacy
- Modern technologies for pharmaceutical analysis
- Management of pharmaceutical companies
- Pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomics
- Laboratory for Applied Biopharmacy and Pharmacokinetics
- Improvement of the drug delivery system
- Modern Pharmacy 2
- Clinical trials and pharmacovigilance
- Improving the drug delivery system in the laboratory
- management of entrepreneurship
- Industrial pharmacy
- Stability of drugs and dosage forms
- Nanotechnology-based drug delivery system
- A modern pharmaceutical laboratory
- Screening methods in pharmacology
- Evaluation of the work of project 1
- Live life to the fullest
- Evaluation of the work of project 2
- Evaluation of the Viva Voce project
Career opportunities for pharmacy master’s graduates
The Master of Pharmacy program offers excellent job opportunities after graduation. Those who aspire to a career in pharmacy may consider pursuing this master’s program to achieve their career goals.
The main areas in which candidates take the MPharm course are quality assurance, health economics, quality control, sales and marketing, and nutritional pharmacy. In addition, students on this course can work in a wide range of jobs in different industries. Here are some of the best jobs for Master of Pharmacy candidates.
Those holding this position are responsible for research and development activities in the field of drugs and pharmaceutical products. They are also looking for ways to prevent, diagnose and treat various diseases in humans. The average annual salary of a clinical researcher is 3.5 lakh.
Another important task for MPharm graduates is the management of drug controls. These specialists conduct research into different types of human diseases. The director of drug control can earn an average of 6 lakh a year.
A pharmacist is mainly concerned with the safety and use of various drugs. They also prepare drugs for patients and share pharmacological information with different medical teams. Pharmacists supervise the performance of support staff and ensure a clean and safe working environment by following rules, regulations and procedures. A pharmacist earns an average of 2.5 lakh per year.
The main job of a pharmaceutical representative is to promote and sell the products of the company he or she works for. Typically, they sell products to doctors, pharmacists and nurses. They also respond to customer requests, publicize products and introduce new products. Medical representatives work mainly with clients of different pharmaceutical organizations. The average annual salary of medical representatives is 3 lakh rupees.
Best Universities in India for the Master’s degree in Pharmacy
Here are some of the top Indian universities offering MPharm courses.
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, [NIPER] Mohali
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Oxford College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Bombay Faculty of Pharmacy, Kalyan
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Goa School of Pharmacy, Panaji.
- College of Pharmacy PSG, Coimbatore
The Master of Pharmacy program is an excellent option for students who wish to pursue a career in pharmacy and medical research. A master’s degree offers students numerous job opportunities and a good salary after graduation.
frequently asked questions
What is the scope of m pharmacy?
The Master of Pharmacy in Pharmacy focuses on drug formulation, research on formulations and excipients, manufacturing and regulatory aspects of drugs. Starting salaries can be lower, between 20,000 and 30,000 per month.
What are the criteria for admission to Pharmacy M?
M.Pharm (Master of Pharmacy): Course details, registration …
What is Mr Pharm’s salary?
M. Pharmacy jobs, scope, salary in India 2021 – GetMyUni.