If you have all 12. Once you’ve completed your second year, you usually have many opportunities to earn a bachelor’s degree. It will be quite confusing and most of you will choose engineering or medicine as these are the most common options. But since there are already so many of them, the competition will be quite fierce. The best thing to do is to take a different and not very common course. The BMC is one of those rarely desired courses. BMC stands for Bachelor of Mass Communication. This is a degree program that is more media related. If you choose this course, you will be more interested in journalism, writing or presenting. If you are more interested in such a career, here is some useful information that can help you learn more about this degree in mass communication.
What is the Bachelor of Mass Communication (BMC) program?
There are so many different courses related to mass communication and media in India, but the most popular option that many people choose is a degree in mass communication. This is a graduate program offered by many universities. This is a three-year course that spans one semester. During this course you will learn about media, strategic communication and much more. Simply put, it involves communicating with a large group of people through a medium. The media could be anything, e. B. Television stations, newspapers, film production, radio, advertising and marketing, and much more.
There are several colleges and universities in India that offer this course. They believe that a student graduating with a bachelor’s degree in media will have a broad knowledge of public relations, media, entertainment, mass communication and some graduate studies, including several majors.
In general, all colleges and universities have almost the same curriculum; there are some colleges that prepare their students for a few specific subjects. The curriculum or subject matter covered in this course is very comprehensive, so you will have several career options at the end of the course. Analytical thinking and critical decision-making are among the most important skills a person needs when choosing a bachelor’s degree in mass communication.
If you’re thinking about applying for a mass communication license, read on. We have added some useful additional information about the course such as B. eligibility, registration procedures, fees, course duration and much more.
To be admitted to the Bachelor of Mass Communication program, you must meet the requirements below:
- You have to be 12. A degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- You have to get at least 50% in Grade 12.
- You must be at least 17 years old to register. The maximum age is 25 years.
- If they meet the above conditions, persons who have taken the final examinations and are awaiting the results may also apply.
- You must have good communication skills to be admitted to this course.
- For persons in the PH/ OBC/ ST/ SC category, a 5% reduction applies.
Receipt handling process
For any course after Grade 12 For the first class, you must take a placement test or selection process. There are three easy ways to apply for a license in mass communication. Here we offer a summary of each step so that you are sufficiently informed about all of them.
– Tender-based process :
- In this process, you need to go to the official website of the school or university and fill out an application. You have to provide a lot of information on the website and make the payment.
- When you’re done paying, you’ll get a pass and have to take a test.
- Colleges or universities announce the results and the qualified candidates are called for further selection. This can be a group discussion or a personal interview.
– Performance-based registration process :
- In this process, you need to go to the official website of the school or university and fill out an application. You have to provide a lot of information on the website and make the payment. This process has more to do with your numbers and grades.
- Colleges or universities check all this information and then shortlist candidates based on their academic performance. In this course, you do not need to take a placement test.
- You will need to participate in either an in-person interview or a group interview, depending on the college’s requirements.
- Once you have passed the pre-selection, you will be informed personally by the university of your final selection.
– Advice on the admission procedure :
- This admissions process is a combination of a competitive admissions process and a merit-based admissions process.
- You must first apply to the schools and universities of your choice and then take the common entrance test accepted by the schools and universities.
- Based on the dashboard, you will be invited for a personal interview or a group interview.
- Once the colleges have compiled the final list of deserving students, they will send each qualified student a personal letter.
As a general rule, each university follows one of the above selection procedures.
This is a three-year course and the fees will be between Rs.50,000 and Rs.20,000,000 for the entire three-year course. This varies from university to university, so you should choose the one that fits your budget.
You have six semesters in three years of undergraduate study in mass communication. Below are some details about the topics covered in the course:
- English I
- The basics of journalism
- Mass Communication
- Prevention and elimination of emergencies
- Current affairs I
- The Indian political system
- English II
- Introduction to reporting
- Photo by
- Environmental Sciences
- Hot topics II
- Communication for development
- English III
- Introduction to radio
- Processing for printing
- Current issues III
- Introduction to advertising
- English IV
- Media Laws
- Introduction to television
- human rights
- Hot Topics IV
- Internet Journalism
- English V
- Radio Specialization
- Specialization Television
- Hot Topics V
- A small project
- Large project
- Observation in the workplace
Career opportunities and salaries:
After earning a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, there are several career options available to you. Here are some of the jobs you can get from private and public organizations:
- The Observer
- News Anchor
- Multimedia and web editor
- PR manager
- Social media specialist
- Radio Jockey
- News release
The salary will be between 2,00,000 and 8,00,000 rupees. As you gain more experience, your package will also grow. The number of openings for you will be very important.
Why choose a Bachelor of Mass Communication (BMC) program?
If you are looking for an option, a degree in mass communication, many people ask you why you are taking such a course. So here are some reasons why you should take this course:
- If you have a good passion for storytelling, this is an undergraduate course in mass communication.
- If you earn a degree in mass communication, you will be able to communicate, educate, inform and entertain a large number of people.
- If you are heavily involved in the media industry and mass broadcasting, you will have a very fulfilling and exciting career.
- If you want to pursue a degree in mass communication, this bachelor’s degree will be very helpful.
- The starting salary will be between Rs 2,000,000 and Rs 10,000,000. It will increase with experience.
- You’ll get a range of jobs in the country’s leading media industries.
Some of the top colleges that offer the Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication.
Here are some of the best higher education institutions that can offer you a bachelor’s degree in mass communication. You can choose them if you want to get into the best universities:
- School for Broadcasting and Communications
- RKFR University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU)
- International Institute for Media and Technology Management
- Mohammed Ali Jawhar University
- University of Patna
- Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology
- Mohammed Ali Jawhar University
- BR Ambedkar Bihar University
- IES University
- Jai Prakash University
Passing the entrance test for a mass communication license will not be difficult. It’s about logical and verbal reasoning. You also need to know how to keep your mouth shut. If you are interested in a career in mass communication, it is important that you have oral and written skills in your local language. Getting a better role and salary becomes easy when you master the different languages of your country.
So it was useful information about the undergraduate program in mass communication. Please check all settings before making your choice.
frequently asked questions
What are the costs of mass communication?
Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, curriculum, tuition, course admission requirements.
What is the scope of mass communication?
With a degree in mass communication, you can pursue a career in film and television, journalism, directing, editing, cinematography, screenwriting, public relations, publishing and more. A career in mass communication is very fulfilling and an expression of creativity.
What is the best course for mass communication?
Mass Communication and Media – Courses, Program, Admissions …