Writing an academic paper is a complex task, and the hardest part is starting. Especially if your speaker hasn’t given you any topics and you have to come up with ideas for your project yourself.
In this article, we will give you some useful tips on how to choose an impressive topic for your high school paper and give you a list of original ideas that you can use in your writing projects.
We have divided them into 11 categories that cover a wide range of topics, so you can easily find the right idea for your learning task.
Looking for good ideas for interesting research topics? We’ve had more than enough!
How do I find interesting topics for research papers?
Choosing the right topic is crucial to the success of a research paper.
But the first step is to understand the task at hand. After receiving it, do not hesitate to ask the teacher questions if you are unclear about anything.
Ask your supervisor for further instructions so that you have a clear idea of what to do and can focus on other important aspects of the writing process.
Remember that the topic of your article should be related to the course you are taking.
Once you start a new course, find a meaningful topic that might interest you. If you start early, you have more time to plan and organize.
Brainstorming is an effective way to generate good ideas. This is a writing session in which participants write down any key words or concepts related to their course that come to mind.
Better yet, do it in the form of a bullet list.
Then you have to go through the list and try to find patterns and group the different ideas so that they are consistent.
This will allow students to suggest ideas that seem worthwhile and to create a short list of possible interesting research topics.
Need advice on how to decide which idea is best?
We reveal them now!
How to choose between different interesting research topics
- When students have a list of several possible topics, it is best for them to choose the one they are most interested in. You’ll be more motivated to research the topic and cover it in detail. Since this is a long-term project, students are likely to get better results if they are passionate about the subject of the work.
- In addition, you should consider your level of experience. Consider choosing a familiar theme. The research process will be easier if you already know something about the topic.
- Read basic general information, e.g., B. Articles from online encyclopedias (Encyclopaedia Britannica, Encyclopaedia Americana) that provide a broad overview of the topics you are considering and learn how they are related to closer, broader, and related topics. If the topic is controversial, think about the different issues and viewpoints that need to be considered. Make a list of commonly used keywords that will help you research the topic in detail.
- Both encyclopedias contain useful links to newspaper, magazine and journal articles where you can find more information on the subject. Make sure you find plenty of published material (books, professional articles and newspaper articles) on your topic.
- Be flexible. You’ll probably have to change your original idea. It depends on how much information you can find. It may be necessary to widen or narrow the scope to make the subject manageable.
- Search with keywords collected in directories, article databases. Do additional reading to determine the focused research question. Formulate a strong thesis statement in response to the research question. Remember that your thesis should be specific.
- Finally, you should review your allocation policy to make sure the item you choose is appropriate. You can also ask your teacher for suggestions and make sure he or she agrees with your choice.
Check out this list of writing prompts that can help you develop your own good idea.
Research topics of interest to secondary school students
- How can lifestyle affect overall health?
- Is anonymity lacking in the digital age?
- The influence of advertising on teenage behavior.
- The importance of body language in human communication.
- Are bilinguals (or people who know more than one foreign language) smarter?
Topics of interest for student research papers
- Compare the possibilities of e-learning with blended learning.
- What steps can be taken to prevent cyberbullying at school?
- The role of feminism in contemporary society.
- The main reasons for concern are a serious problem for young people.
- The differences between male and female role models in today’s society.
Subjects of historical research interest
- The Salem Witch Trials: Cause and effect.
- The role of women’s suffrage in U.S. history.
- African tribal culture, its origins and development.
- Human sacrifice in the ancient Mayan world.
- Construction of the Great Wall of China.
Interesting Research Topics
- Can man live in space and on other planets?
- Why is dark matter important?
- Can humanity survive if the earth is hit by a large meteorite?
- How old is the universe?
- Could molecular biology be the key to understanding cancer?
Subjects of research interest in psychology
- Are eating disorders dangerous?
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Can music therapy help in the treatment of mental disorders?
- What causes depression?
- How can we improve our self-esteem?
Topics of interest in biological research
- The reason why an animal was hibernating.
- Artificial organic substances and their properties.
- Evolution of biological species.
- The influence of nutrition on the aging process.
- What is the biological clock?
Policy research topics of interest
- The role of celebrities in political campaigns.
- The post-apartheid society in South Africa.
- Intercultural communication in European countries.
- Human trafficking and human rights.
- Globalization and social welfare.
Interesting medical research topics
- Do we need a placebo?
- Can stem cell treatments help us live longer and healthier lives?
- How can microelectronics help people with chronic diseases?
- What causes breast cancer?
- The role of vaccination in disease eradication and prevention.
Interesting nursing research topics
- Can pet therapy help children with autism?
- The health needs of the elderly.
- The effects of outdoor physical activity on the mental health of patients with clinical depression.
- The effect of a whole grain diet on the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Treatment of eating disorders.
Interesting research topics in chemistry
- Is it possible to develop environmentally friendly plastics?
- How can we use carbon dioxide?
- Which fertilizers are the least harmful?
- Are dyes safe?
- How harmful are pesticides?
Interesting controversial research topics
- Are women or men better at collaboration and compromise?
- The problems of racism and other forms of discrimination in the world today.
- The influence of sexting on teenage behaviour.
- Is junk food safe?
- Can sustainable development help prevent climate change?
Feel free to use these interesting research topics to write your own high school and college projects or as inspiration for further research.
No inspiration for your science work? Choose a topic from the list and we’ll do the rest…. Get a premium newspaper right on time, with no hassles!
Share this story:
frequently asked questions
What topics are appropriate for a research paper?
What are the interesting research topics?
113 important topics for research papers – PrepScholar Blog
What are the best sources for research topics?
Your research resources may come from your experiences, print media such as books, pamphlets, magazines and newspapers, as well as CD-ROMs and other electronic resources such as the Internet and the World Wide Web. They can also come from interviews and surveys that you or someone else designed.